Common Cold or Sinus infection
A sinus infection is an occasionally painful inflammation. The sinuses that are caused by a viral, bacterial, or fungal infection due to changes in air temperature or pressure or water pollution or air pollution, cigarette smoke, and chemical irritants such as pesticide sprays and dust can inflame the sinus linings
Symptoms of sinuses:
- • Nasal congestion
- • Common cold and flu
- • Loss of sense of smell
- • Mucus dripping down the throat from the nose
- • Green nasal discharge
- • Tenderness under the eyes or on the bridge of the nose
- • Mild or severe pain in the forehead or temples
- • Fatigue
- • Body pain, and discomfort
- • Cough
- • Fever
- • Bad breath or unpleasant taste in the mouth
• Take a steam
Hot water vapor can help moisten the sinuses. “Sprinkle
a few drops of eucalyptus or menthol or rosemary oil (Antimicrobial properties) with peppermint in the shower and steam. Steaming hot bowl of water with your face down over the water, drape a towel over the back of your head and inhale the steam, this will help in clearing a blocked nasal passage.
• Flush your nasal passages
Daily use of a saline solution via the neti pot or other device to keep the sinuses moist, mixing 1/4 teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of warm water.5 drops of the solution into one nostril while tilting your head so it flows out from other nostrils. This will soothe your sinuses and also flush away bacteria and irritants.
• Apply warm compresses
You can use a warm compress to help keep the nasal tissues moist, Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks, and eyes to ease facial pain.
Don’t ask for antibiotics right away
• Antibiotics won’t help a sinus infection caused by a virus or an airborne irritation, like
• keep your system hydrated for sinus and nose running. Drink warm water throughout the day
help clear sinuses.
• Wash your hands frequently.
• Take plenty of rest and relax your mind can help the body to recover.
• Avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking, cheese, yogurt and ice cream.
• Avoid chocolate, fried, starchy foods, rice, meat, sugar, and yeast which lead to dehydration.
Stop eating too much food.
• Wheat chapatis, bread, chicken soup with fresh herbs, grapefruits, leafy green veggies,
tomatoes, oranges, and yellow fruits contain vitamin A that helps build healthy mucus membrane.
• Pungent Spicy food items such as mustard, hot peppers, ginger root, curry, black cumin seed,
Ajwain or carom seed, basil, horseradish, garlic, onion, and turmeric contain natural anti-
inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidants properties, helps us stay away from many viral and bacterial infections. Cure your cough and cold naturally. Helps in boosting our immune system, relieves sinus pain, and makes you feel instantly better. It can have a powerful effect on
health and disease.
• Make ginger hot tea
1teaspoon fresh ginger juice 1 cup water with add raw 1 tsp honey and turmeric powder make tea taken 2 to 3 times a day can be helpful.
Mixing 2 parts lime juice with 1 part honey to use as a gargle for sore throats and mixing an equal amount of honey and ginger juice for use as a cough syrup.
• Turmeric tea
Take a cup of hot milk mix 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and honey take 2 times a day.
• Hot pepper
½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder, Lemon juice, and neem leaf make tea.
For instant relief from throat-pain: Gargle with a mixture of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of pepper and pinch of salt.
• Black cumin seed
Kalonji is black seed it is often called as Black Cumin.
Take 1 teaspoon of black cumin seed with water in an empty stomach daily. Very easy to use.
Consuming the mixture of honey and Kalonji helps strengthen your vital organs and bones.
• Ajwain water or carom seeds water
Ajwain seeds are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
They can even be chewed raw.
- • Boil a tsp of ajwain and a few tulsi leaves ( basil )in a glass of water can help when you are suffering from cold related congestion.
- • Ear pain, two drops of ajwain oil are enough.
- • For instant relief from tooth-ache, gargle with a mix of lukewarm water, 1 teaspoon of ajwain and salt.
- • Even its leaves or seed can be chewed raw.
- • clear sinuse helps strengthen your vital organs and bones.
• Eucalyptus Pain Relief oil
Eucalyptus oil is used to reduce symptoms of coughs, colds, and congestion.
Eucalyptus creams and ointments used to massage for relieving muscle and joint pain as well as arthritis, bruising, and backache.
To ease breath during cold, bronchitis, or episodes of sinusitis or hay fever. Help to prevent airborne infections, strengthen your vital organs and bones.
Fresh leaves of eucalyptus used in a gargle to relieve a sore throat, sinusitis, and bronchitis.